Looking for Bridesmaid Dress Inspiration?
Aren’t we all! I think this can be a really tough one! Especially, as over the last few years you can get some fabulous bridesmaid dresses from high street stores!
Even though there is so much choice for a bridesmaid dress it can be a little tricky to get something that suits everyone.
My 10 Top Tips on Choosing Your Perfect Bridesmaid Dresses
- Begin the hunt for the perfect dresses by looking online and in wedding magazines to get an idea of what you like or more importantly what you don’t like! Start a mood/ Pinterest board or go old school and cut out photos and stick them into a scrapbook (or indeed onto the notes pages in My Wedding Planner)
- What type of bridesmaid dress do you want to go for? Full length? Tea Length? Short? Midi? Maxi?
- What style of bridesmaid dress would you like? Do you want all the girls in the same style or will you go different styles?
- What fabric will you go for? You want something comfortable that they can enjoy their wedding dinner in and dance the night away! (and something that doesn’t crease!)
- What colour will you go for? Will it be a colour from your wedding colour palette? All the same colour or different colours of bridesmaid dresses? Or will it be a bold colour to contrast your wedding dress colour? Will the time of the year you are getting married in dictate the colour? Or will you go all white?
- Decide if you will go bridesmaid dress shopping by yourself first and then bring your bridesmaids or make a day of it from the very start and all go together? Just bear in mind the number of bridesmaids you might have all trying to find the perfect dress in a shop – it could be a bit chaotic!!!
- Shop around for the best price? If you are getting your bridesmaid dresses in the wedding boutique where you are getting your wedding dress they might be able to offer you a discount so be sure to ask. You could also look at the option of renting your bridesmaid dresses.
- If purchasing online make sure you factor in the cost of delivery (as it could work out more expensive than buying it in an Irish shop) and the lead time (especially if ordering from China). Also, be careful of sizes differing in different countries!
- When you pick the dresses get a swatch as you may want this when purchasing other wedding accessories e.g. bridesmaid shoes
- And finally, remember it is your wedding so you have the final say.
Like all the above top tips you will find so many more wedding tips in My Wedding Planner. I have dedicated a chapter to the “Bridal Party Attire” so in this section you will find wedding tips for searching for your own wedding dress, the mother of the bride/groom, wedding suit providers etc.
On my Instagram page I was recently chatting about finding that perfect bridesmaid dress. There is so much choice out there but yet it is something most brides seem to struggle with so I asked you where you are getting your bridesmaid dresses from! You were all amazing and sent me on the places you are getting them and some photos.
What I am going to do is share these photos and then give a list of all the shops you recommended to search for your bridesmaid dresses below
Same Colour Bridesmaid Dresses
Same Colour But Different Style
A lovely follower bought her bridesmaid dresses in Pearls and Lace and as she is buying her wedding dress there they are giving her a discount on her bridesmaid dresses. Pearls and Lace have a lovely selection with this follower highly recommending Truebride which is in their shop too!
Same Bridesmaid Dress But Different Shading
Terrie’s bridal party is the perfect example of the same bridesmaid dress but different shading! This pink palette is so beautiful and it suits them all!
What About A Dress From The High Street?
This photo keeps popping up on my feed and there is no surprise why! When you see this photo you immediately fall in love with all the details but it is the bridesmaid dresses that stand out! And guess where they are from …. Asos!
And what about Aisling’s (who is a MUA – check out her Insta page) bridesmaid dresses which she got from Chi Chi London (I have to say I love this site). She said they were great quality, affordable and the girls said they were very comfortable. You will see from the photos above that Aisling had this “Fiyona” bridesmaid dress in full length but the girls are now getting them shortened so they can wear them again.
Aisling and her now husband, Ronan, also feature in my August Wedding Blog so be sure to go and have a read of this wedding blog!
Patterned Bridesmaid Dresses
Kelly was a bridesmaid at her friend’s wedding in Marbella. The bride opted for something a little different going for a floral bridesmaid dress from Jarlo London. The results are fab! I am really loving them!
White Bridesmaid Dresses
Or would you go for white bridesmaid dresses like Kate Middleton and Solange Knowles to name but a few!
No Set Criteria For A Bridesmaid Dress!
For my one of my best friend’s wedding she didn’t want the traditional bridal party so instead she decided to have two special friends (me being one of them :-)) as part of her “bridal party”. Zoë was very easy going and didn’t mind what we wore at all. By pure luck Jenny and I actually went with the same pink palette! My dress was from Divine and I felt fab in it! Zoë features in my My September Wedding Blog and shares so many wedding tips!
And finally I wanted to share with you the websites and shops that brides who follow me on Instagram recommended!
- https://www.katesdresses.co.uk (specialise in multi-way dresses)
- https://www.tiffanyrose.com/ie/maternity/features/wedding-bridesmaid.html (specialise in maternity bridesmaid dresses
- https://presleyblue.ie/ (Multiway dress specialists)
- Maya Dresses are popular too – available in Pamela Scott, Next, ASOS and Zalando
Thanks for reading