Looking for Bridesmaid Dress Inspiration?
Aren’t we all! I think this can be a really tough one! Especially, as over the last few years you can get some fabulous bridesmaid dresses from high street stores!
Even though there is so much choice for a bridesmaid dress it can be a little tricky to get something that suits everyone.
My 10 Top Tips on Choosing Your Perfect Bridesmaid Dresses
Before we look at some bridesmaid dresses for inspiration I want to share my top ten tips for choosing your bridesmaid dresses:
- Begin your bridesmaid dresses hunt by looking online and in wedding magazines to get an idea of what you like! Start a mood/ Pinterest board or go old school and cut out photos and stick them into a scrapbook (or indeed onto the notes pages in My Wedding Planner)
- What type of bridesmaid dress do you want to go for? Full length? Tea Length? Short?
- What style of bridesmaid dress would you like? Do you want all the girls in the same style or will you go different styles?
- What fabric will you go for? You want something comfortable that they can enjoy their wedding dinner in and dance the night away! (and something that doesn’t crease!)
- What colour will you go for? Will it be a colour from your wedding palette? All the same colour or different colours of bridesmaid dresses? Or will it be a bold colour to contrast your wedding dress colour? Will the time of the year you are getting married in dictate the colour? Or will you go all white?
- Decide if you will go bridesmaid dress shopping by yourself first and then bring your bridesmaids or make a day of it from the very start and all go together? Just bear in mind the number of bridesmaids you might have all trying to find the perfect dress in a shop – it could be a bit chaotic!!!
- Shop around for the best price? If you are getting your bridesmaid dresses in the wedding boutique where you are getting your wedding dress they might be able to offer you a discount so be sure to ask. You could also look at the option of renting your bridesmaid dresses.
- If purchasing online make sure you factor in the cost of delivery (as it could work out more expensive than buying it in an Irish shop) and the lead time (especially if ordering from China). Also, be careful of sizes differing in different countries!
- When you pick your bridesmaid dresses get a swatch of the dress as you may want this when purchasing other wedding accessories e.g. bridesmaid shoes
- And finally, remember it is your wedding so you have the final say.
Like all the above top tips you will find so many more wedding tips in My Wedding Planner. I have dedicated a chapter to the “Bridal Party Attire” so in this section you will find wedding tips for searching for your own wedding dress, the mother of the bride/groom, wedding suit providers etc.
On my Instagram page I was recently chatting about the hunt for finding that perfect bridesmaid dress. There is so much choice out there but yet it is something most brides seem to struggle with so I asked you where you are getting your bridesmaid dresses from! You were all amazing and sent me on the places you are getting them and some photos.
What I am going to do is share these photos and then give a list of all the shops you recommended to search for your bridesmaid dresses below
Same Colour Bridesmaid Dresses
Aoife had her heart set on this evergreen colour and finally found it at Bride Side. They are an America company as Aoife is living over in Texas but she is now selling these pre-loved dresses so if you are interested you can message her via Instagram page!
Grainne went with this above halterneck style of dress from Cari’s Closet as she just knew they would be the bridesmaid dress for her wedding abroad in Nerja! I am a lover of a halter neck so this style to me is just beautiful!
Same Colour Different Type of Bridesmaid Dresses
A lovely follower bought her bridesmaid dresses in Pearls and Lace and as she is buying her wedding dress there they are giving her a discount on her bridesmaid dresses. Pearls and Lace have a lovely selection with this follower highly recommending Truebride which is in their shop too!
Same Bridesmaid Dress But Different Shading
Terrie’s bridal party is the perfect example of the same bridesmaid dress but different shading! The pink palette is so amazing and it suits them all! I cannot wait to see more photos of this wedding and to hear where she got her bridesmaid dresses from!
High Street Bridesmaid Dresses
This photo keeps popping up on my feed and there is no surprise why! When you see this photo you immediately fall in love with all the details but it is the bridesmaid dresses that stand out! And guess where they are from …. Asos!
Barbara’s is featured in my August Wedding Blog and her bridesmaid dresses are from Asos too!! I love the sleeve detail! Actually another follower messaged me about getting some inspiration for bridesmaid dresses with sleeves – so here you go!
And what about Aisling’s (who is a MUA – check out her Insta page) bridesmaid dresses which she got from Chi Chi London (I have to say I love this site). She said they were great quality, affordable and the girls said they were very comfortable. You will see from the photos above that Aisling had this “Fiyona” bridesmaid dress in full length but the girls are now getting them shortened so they can wear them again.
Aisling and her now husband, Ronan, also feature in my August Wedding Blog so be sure to go and have a read of this wedding blog!
Patterned Bridesmaid Dresses
Kelly was a bridesmaid at her friend’s wedding in Marbella. The bride opted for something a little different going for a floral bridesmaid dress from Jarlo London. The results are fab! I am really loving them!
White Bridesmaid Dresses
Or would you go for white bridesmaid dresses like Kate Middleton and Solange Knowles to name but a few!
No Set Criteria For A Bridesmaid Dress!
For my one of my best friend’s wedding she didn’t want the traditional role of a bridesmaid so instead she decided to have two special friends (me being one of them :-)) as part of her “bridal party”. Zoë was very easy going and didn’t mind what we wore at all. By pure luck Jenny and I actually went with the same pink palette! My dress was from Divine and I felt fab in it! Zoë is going to feature in my September Wedding Blog which is coming very soon!
Some Inspiration for places to shop for your bridesmaid dresses
- https://www.katesdresses.co.uk (specialise in multi-way dresses)
- https://www.tiffanyrose.com/ie/maternity/features/wedding-bridesmaid.html (specialise in maternity bridesmaid dresses
- https://presleyblue.ie/ (Multiway dress specialists)
Also, be sure to check out the below bridesmaid pieces that I sell on my website at www.myweddingshop.ie
Thanks for reading
#bridesmaids #bridesmaiddress #bridesmaiddressinpo #bridesmaidinspo #irishbride #bridesmaid #bridetribe #bridesquad #gettingmarried #irishwedding #engaged #weddingblog #weddingblogger #planningawedding #myweddingplanner #myweddingshop #bridetobe #irishweddings #weddingdressshopping #bridesmaidtips #weddingtips #bestweddingtips #bridesmaidproposalbox #willyoubemybridesmaid #thankyou #wedding #bride #weddingstyle